ACT WORKKEYS TEST FOR PARAEDUCATORS
The following information is taken from the Illinois State Board of Education website listing the requirements to be endorsed as a paraprofessional educator:
1. Be at least 19 years of age and
2. Show proof of one (1) of the following requirements:
- Associate's degree or higher; or
- 60 semester hours of coursework; or
- High School Diploma or GED and a score of 460 or higher on the ETS ParaPro test; or
- High School Diploma or GED and the following scores on the ACT Work Keys test:
- Applied Math — 4
- Workplace Documents — 4
*Note: Paraprofessional licenses are valid for 5 years, and may be renewed with the payment of registration fees.
John Wood Community College offers online testing for the ACT Work Keys test through their Career Services Center. Testing is offered at the Quincy campus on the first Tuesday from 1-4 PM and the third Wednesday from 9 AM until noon of every month. Testing is also offered at the Southeast Education Center and Mt. Sterling Learning Center when Career Services is on-site for office hours. The cost of the test is $50 for both tests or $25 each. Please contact Career Services at #641-4941 to register for the test or to receive additional information.